Protect Yourself from the Cost of an HMRC Investigation
Honey Barrett are pleased to offer you access to our Tax Investigation Service to protect you from the extra costs associated with a Tax or VAT enquiry from HMRC.
Each year HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) undertakes a range of tax enquiries into a wide range of individuals and businesses to check they have paid the correct amount of tax. Increasingly this involves the use of sophisticated software to interrogate data from over 30 different sources including banks (UK and off-shore), credit card transactions, social media, the DVLA and licensing authorities as well as estate agents and land registry.
Unfortunately, they do not always match the correct information and with a severely pressurised system enquiries can last for months or years, with significant work involved to resolve even the simplest of matters.
The cost of dealing with this can of course become costly, even where there is no additional tax to pay.
The tax investigation service we provide is backed by a wide-ranging Insurance Policy.
The service includes protection of up to £100k worth of fees resulting from HMRCs queries, including the following areas:
- Corporation Tax and Income Tax full or aspect enquiries
- PAYE/NIC compliance checks from the outset and disputes with HMRC following such checks
- IR35/Employment Status/CIS enquiries and disputes
- VAT compliance checks from the outset and disputes with HMRC following such checks
- Enquiries under Section 60 or 61 of the VAT Act 1994, provided that at the culmination of such investigation it is proved that the policyholder was not found guilty of dishonesty, fraud or fraudulent intent
- Business record checks, inspections and interventions under HMRC’s Information & Inspection Powers at Schedule 36 FA 2008
- Up to £250 of costs relating to an informal request for information by HMRC, by telephone or other means
- Inheritance tax/ Probate return enquiries
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax Enquiries
- National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage enquiries
- Child tax credit enquiries
- Student Loan enquiries
- Gift Aid enquiries
- Auto enrolment return enquiries where the Policyholder has been engaged to complete the appropriate reporting statements and declarations
- Code of Practice 8 investigations, provided that at the culmination of such investigation it is proved that the policyholder was not found guilty of dishonesty, fraud or fraudulent intent
- Applications for judicial review, subject to Vantage Fee Protect consent
As an additional benefit this protection provides complementary telephone access to employment, health & safety and general legal advisors.
Please contact Julie Evans on 01323 412277 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or for details on how to join our Tax Investigation Protection Scheme.