Protect Yourself from the Cost of an HMRC Investigation
At Honey Barrett we can provide you with a Tax Investigation Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as a result of a Tax or VAT Enquiry from HMRC.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected: a business, a director or an individual tax payer.
The Tax Investigation we can provide is an all-embracing Policy that provides you with the ultimate protection.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.
Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- PAYE and P11D
- Stamp Duty (inc Land Tax)
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- A compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved).
Peace of Mind
Included as part of the Tax Investigation Service is comprehensive access to the Employment Law, Health and Safety and HR expertise, all at no cost to you.
You’ll gain valuable access to highly experienced consultants who can provide you with their guidance and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects and issues.
Honey Barrett is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited – the market leading Tax Investigation Insurance provider in the UK.
How do you Join?
Please contact Julie Evans on 01323 412277 or email us at email@example.com with any queries or for details on how to join our Tax Investigation Protection Scheme.
- Small family run-restaurant
- The enquiry ran for four years, The Inspector was adamant that sales had been understated but the only additions were minor and in respect of private use adjustments. Final accountancy fees required to provide the right level of representation were just over £7,000.
- Small family-run building firm
- A VAT dispute which concerned the businesses VAT registration. The case was decided in the client’s favour and over £30,000 of VAT was saved. The costs incurred in representing the client were approximately £8,500 over a three-year period.
- Sole Trader Landscape Gardener
- HM Revenue & Customs claimed the gardener had understated his sales. The investigation ran for three years with fees approximately £7,000 being incurred to prove that the sales were not understated.
- Medium sized retail firm
- The enquiry ran for 18 months and the firm incurred just under £10,000 in accountancy fees as a result. Following the enquiry, all the company had to pay was a further £200 in tax.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01424 730345, 01323 412277 or 01892 784321. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.